Help us keep the best prices! Report a lower price.
Free US Shipping
High Tension Pimples-Out With High Elasticity And Spin
• Softer pimples give more spin but are often not fast enough.
Customers who purchased Butterfly Raystorm also purchased:
Rubber FAQ and Guide - what you need to know when buying rubber sheets.
Compare rubber ratings - compare ratings to other sheets.
Best Price Guarantee We guarantee to have the lowest prices (shipping included) in the US. Please tell us if you to lower price.
Reviews of Butterfly Raystorm (10)
I used this rubber for around 8 years on a singly-ply hinoki J-pen. It's the rubber I learned to play short pips with. I have moved on now to other pips, but looking back, I couldn't have chosen a better rubber for learning the style. It has all the gears you need for a well-rounded offensive game, and it isn't blindingly fast like the new generation of high-tension pips rubbers. It can do all the essentials, like hitting, blocking, and counter-hitting, and it stands out from other short pips for its capacity to generate spin. One thing I miss about Raystorm (and that I haven't found with any other product) is the touch. This rubber is very responsive and if you have good touch, you will really appreciate it. Unfortunately, with the new poly ball, I feel like this rubber just doesn't cut the mustard in terms of speed... but otherwise, I recommend it highly!
Better speed &spin vs Clippa.Fast & spinny compared to other short pips.Can be used with no problem on Off.+ blade.Must add got great quality.
nice surprise... I thought, it will be too similar to inverted rubber, but it is not the case. It reminds me to stiga clippa...raystorm is a bit faster and more aggressive, but control is still pretty high...even in max thickness. SP rubber with perfect feeling in attack, it pushes me to a next level...
The problem with review is that we usually prefer to write review abouut the equipment we succed in using it. I played on bc with stiga all around wrb and tibhar aurus sound on fc (the latter is awesome combbination)
Buut on bc it was a disaster. It is a pimple for professionals not for time to time players. So if you go for European Chamionship gor for it if you play as I do not in the main stream of professional players forgetit. In another wordd good pimple for Timo Boll if he would like to change for a short pimple. It was 2.1 buy the way or sth like it bcause Iam still in shock. Great for play 3 meters away from the table.
First time using Short Pips. Used 1.9 mm on forehand, while researching sounded like a perfect match for me, after using I found that it was indeed a perfect match for 60% of my playing style. Great control, speed, spin (coming from inverted background), great for flat hits, spiny serves, push close to the table. The remaining 40% of my style was looping which I was unable to do using my old style, throw angle is very low. Someone had mentioned on their review that it is possible to loop with this rubber however one would need to re-learn how to loop, I did figure out the technique to loop while practicing with robot, but I did not want to change my style, this new technique used too much muscle. Have ordered Solcion, will see how that works. Using a Off+ carbon blade.
Switched to this rubber from inverted on my FH and jumped up from low 2100 to 2200. Did a lot of research to find a pips out that had a high spin rating, and this rubber didn't disappoint. As with a lot of players however eventually got a little bored and have tried some other short pips such as Flarestorm, Flarestorm 2, and TSP Spin Pips 21. Rating went back down to low 2100 level. Will probably go back to this rubber, but may try just a couple more hoping to find that magic short pips.
Prefer it to Flarestorm, better performance and more control. am using a 1.7 but have a 2.1 to try.
I haven't tried the flarestorm 2 yet
Mine is 2.1mm and Black.
Very fast rubber, soft sponge, and surprisingly very spiny.
Ideal for hitting, even through spin with the proper technique.
Has some gears, but you have to be very flexible with your wrist and watch out for the angle of the blade and height of the ball.
The butterfly raystorm is a soft short pips rubber, it is very good for hitting and you can place the ball quite accurate, it is a good rubber for close to table play but further away it is more difficult. The rubber is pretty fast and the control is very very good and makes blocking easy, the looping with this rubber is decent to very good. Chopping is ok It can do the job for sure,
This rubber can be used on FH our BH and is best fit for allround to offensive blades
Nice short pips rubber from butterfly
Table Tennis Rubber