Yasaka Rakza Z
For the first time in the RAKZA series, the top sheet has stickiness by employing a new production method. The result is a surface with exceptional grip, enabling phenomenal spin. The result enables you to make strong spin with a very high arc. Serves and short returns are both precise and sharp. The RAKZA Z rubbers are made for attacking players, both close to the table and from half distance. Speed: 94
For the first time in the RAKZA series, the top sheet has stickiness by employing a new production method. The result is a surface with exceptional grip, enabling phenomenal spin. The result enables you to make strong spin with a very high arc. Serves and short returns are both precise and sharp. The RAKZA Z rubbers are made for attacking players, both close to the table and from half distance.
Yasaka rubbers are steeped in history dating back all the way to 1926. The flagship rubber for Yasaka has been the Mark V. Mark V burst onto the table tennis world stage in the 1970 and 1971 World Championships taking home victory in both competitions. The Mark V is still going strong today and other versions of the rubber have been produced through the following decades.
More recently Yasaka has developed Rakza rubbers which have taken innovation to another level. The shape of the pimples provides a strong balance between spin and speed. Rakza rubbers use Hybrid Energy to provide synergy between top sheet and sponge providing great elasticity for power and control.
Yasaka has many more rubbers in their product line as well. Yasaka rubbers are used by top professionals as well as players of all levels. Be like 2019 World Championship Silver Medalist Matias Falck and choose Yasaka rubbers.
Rubber Buying Guide - what you need to know when buying rubber sheets.
Compare rubber ratings - compare ratings to other sheets.
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee to have the lowest prices (shipping included) in the US. Please tell us if you see a lower price.
✨ AI-generated summary of customer reviews.
- Rakza Z table tennis rubber offers exceptional spin and control. The rubber's tackiness allows for high spin generation during looping, backspins, and serves. This rubber also offers improved control, making ball placement easier and more consistent, even with fast or slow rubbers.
- Rakza Z is highly durable, with users reporting that it maintains a good level of performance even after extended periods of use. It's also praised for its versatility, being suitable for a range of playing styles and strokes, including serves, loops, sidespins, and underspins.
- This rubber is particularly praised for its ability to generate high amounts of spin, with users noting that it's easy to lift underspin balls and generate topspin. The tackiness of the rubber also aids in serving and receiving, making it a great choice for players who prioritize spin in their game.
- One of the main drawbacks of the Rakza Z rubber is its high throw angle. This means that players need to be ready to angle their blade more horizontally due to the tackiness of the rubber, otherwise, their loops may be too high or go too far.
- While the Rakza Z rubber can generate good speed when combined with the right blade, it's not the fastest rubber on the market. Players looking for a fast rubber may be slightly disappointed, as they will need to hit the ball hard to achieve speed for killing shots.
- The Rakza Z rubber is also noted to be on the heavier side, which could be a disadvantage for players who prefer lighter equipment. This could potentially affect the balance and feel of the paddle, especially when paired with a heavy blade.
Reviews of Yasaka Rakza Z (50)
I got it in a MAX thickness.
It's my second hybrid rubber after I tried a second-hand Butterfly Dignics 09C.
Comparing a new rubber with a used one is unfair but this rubber appears to be tackier and spinnier than Dignics 09C.
Durability is also excellent. I've used it for 6 months now playing around 7/8 hours per week and it's still in a good condition able to grab the ball for a couple of seconds when it's clean. I have been taking care of it by cleaning it with water and/or a rubber cleaner after each session.
Speed is not extreme but it's definitely good enough. Looping top spins, short touches, chops, and chop blocks are all easy: the slightest active wrist variation results in spins of excellent quality.
Counter and blocking are very good, too, and they require a closer bat angle when compared to a tensor rubber like Tibhar MXS (which I use on the backhand).
The only real drawback I can find is that flat smashes feel a little mushy but can still be performed reasonably well.
On serves I can generate a lot of spin while keeping my serves pretty short. One thing that I've struggled with a little in the beginning is that I can't do short movements when serving because the rubber doesn't have that catapult effect so I have to do full swings. On the receive/short game, the rubber has great control and it's very easy to place the ball close to the net.
The speed on this rubber is pretty subjective because on passive shots/blocking the ball bounces pretty slow and high, but when you start looping and using your force, the rubber can generate good speed along with some exceptional spin. I've played before with Rakza 7 and I will say that with Rakza Z I can generate more speed, but overall Rakza 7 has better speed. This is not necessarily a bad thing. I find that it fits my game because I like put my own power into the shots.
It's my first hybrid rubber and I am very pleased with it. The rubber has exceptional grip, spin and control which gives me the consistency that I need in my fh shots. As for the price/quality ratio this is definitely a 10/10.
Not the fastest but control and grip are exceptional.Chinese style,more you give more you get.
Placement is super sharp and blocking is on rakza 7 level-like a wall (just need bat andgle adjustment because of high throw angle).
I hope Yasaka will produce long time.Its a gem.
Table Tennis Rubber
All items are in stock unless otherwise stated. All prices are in USD.
If you need help or advice please contact us. We are happy to help!