Re: ITTF ???
by JRSDallas 17 years ago
by Newplayer 17 years ago
by Rod 16 years ago
 Earnings
by sweetnettie 16 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: ITTF ???) was posted by JRSDallas, on 12/16/2007 12:58:22 AM:
Then you agree with me... If I were to invent or pay someone to invent such a rubber, and if it would give me an an unbeatable personal advantage, its clear that such a rubber would ruin Table Tennis.

You make the point that I would not get far with this Table Tennis destroying rubber since Sharara would ban my rubber.....i.e. he would not let me ruin Table Tennis....He would instead be doing his job!!!!! Promoting and Guiding Table Tennis to further its acceptance and growth as a television spectator and participant sport.

My rubber, if it was ever invented would kill Table Tennis. But even in this extreme case you say Sharara must be stopped (rather than me with my unbeatable rubber invention) Why do you think it is better that I should be free to kill Table Tennis.

Your argument seems like an irrational response to the idea of banning anything no matter what harm it causes!

Where is the logic in that? Sharara is just doing his job.
In some cases we may not agree with the ITTF, and so be it. But don't forget that the ITTF has a self interest in seeing Table Tennis survive and prosper. That self interest is a pretty strong insurance policy towards the ITTF acting responsibly even if we don't think that they are doing so.

Report Abuse
Search Forum