Re: switching FH and BH grips
by Ben Fuller 18 years ago
by db 18 years ago
by KEvin 18 years ago
by Gark 18 years ago

The following message (subject: switching FH and BH grips) was posted by db, on 1/20/2006 1:27:12 PM:
I know I'm at risk of wearing out my welcome on this forum, but I have a lot of questions!

I'm a shakehand player, been playing about a year now. One (among many) of my problems is that I often miss shots when switching suddenly from a FH (forehand) to a BH (backhand) or vice versa. Usually the ball goes long because the racket face is too open. I think the reason for this is that when I have time I slightly rotate the racket in my hand, one way for a FH and the other for a BH. In other words, since I am a reformed tennis player, I instinctively try to change grips between the FH and BH.

My question is, is this wrong? Should I be using the exact same grip for both sides or should I learn to change the grips quickly enough to hit consecutive FHs and BHs? I've tried to watch the better players at my club and it's not clear what they are doing, some of them do appear to change their grip/finger positions between BHs and FHs.
Report Abuse
Search Forum