Re: Recreational player question
by db 19 years ago
 Re: Recreational player question
by bes 19 years ago
Rec vs Pro: You CAN play the same
by NickČ 19 years ago
 Re: Rec vs Pro: You CAN play the same
by Rod 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Rec vs Pro: You CAN play the same) was posted by NickČ, on 12/15/2005 1:33:36 PM:
Everyone says how big of a difference there is between recreational and pro equipment... and how hard it will be switching over.

Honestly, I think this often sends the wrong message.

Pro equipment is fast and more spinny, yes. Yet, the major difference is in the way you CAN play... Not the way you NEED TO play. Playing like you would with recreational paddles will produce similar results.

With pro paddles, you have the option of playing with a somewhat different technique where you can add lots of spin to your shots while putting signifigantly more power in them.

Like I said though, you don't need to do this. Most people I know don't play TT well. Most of them stink. Yet, when we play, they don't really notice a difference between my paddle and the others. Its all the same to them. The only thing I ever hear is that my paddle is more comfy to hold.

So I really think you don't have to worry about whether you won't be able to control it.

The real thing you want to look out for is the weight of the paddle and rubbers. Buying a heavy paddle with a rubber like 729-40S on both sides, it will feel like a brick in your hand.
Report Abuse
Search Forum