Re: To alfie
by Tim 18 years ago
by BACKHAND 18 years ago
by alfie 18 years ago
by BACKHAND 18 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: To alfie) was posted by alfie, on 2/22/2006 1:22:38 PM:
Tim......I did not see the video but are you sure he was a 1400 player?......if you can find his name it is easy to look his history up.
Also ratings sometimes are missleading...in the tournament I played this weekend there was a 14 yr old kid rated 1130.....the lowest rated player in our group of 9.....he won every game 3-0 except 1 game that he won 3-2 when he was playing a small pips player......he was by a mile better than anyone in our group and we really did not give him any competition......but he has improved so quick since his last tournament that there was a big difference in his ability.....now having said that the 1400 player you saw may have not played a tournament for a long time and could have got a lot worse since his last tournament rating.......so it is hard to tell what you actually saw.......from what I have seen players rated from 500-800 are begginers.......from 800-1000 they know the strokes and can play a decent game.......from 1000-1200 these normally don't loop long serves but some can and some can loop backspin but in general they have a decent all around game.....1200-1500 I am sure most loop anything that goes past the end of the table and have a good game but what seperates these from playes above 1500 is consistancy and tactics....anyone above 1500 has a very good game....anyone above 2000 is a very advanced player......hope that helps
Report Abuse
Search Forum