Re: To alfie
by Tim 18 years ago
by BACKHAND 18 years ago
by alfie 18 years ago
by BACKHAND 18 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: To alfie) was posted by BACKHAND, on 2/23/2006 4:21:26 PM:
Its happened to me as well. I have won 6 or 7 matches then lost one game and ended up losing points.
One of the problems with any ranking system is that its only accurate if all the players on it play regularly. I've lost to players who were better than me but who had a low rating because they didn't play much.
If I had played out of my skin and won I would have gained 1 point, but if I lost I would lose 30 odd points. Sometimes life isn't fair.
I've looked at that members rankings page and I can see that you have a lot more players on it than we do. We prob have about 1000 although there are many who aren't on it as they haven'y played recently. If you haven't played for 4 consecutive months then you drop off the list until you play again. I would say there prob is a max of 2000 players.
Also your ratings are much closer together than ours.
I'm only guessing but I would expect to be somewhere between 1700-1900 on your list. Although we will never know as its a long way for me to travel to one of your comps.
Report Abuse
Search Forum