Re: To alfie
by Tim 18 years ago
by BACKHAND 18 years ago
by alfie 18 years ago
by BACKHAND 18 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: To alfie) was posted by BACKHAND, on 2/24/2006 3:20:57 AM:
Good luck. I can see you have got the bug. The next few years will be good fun as you climb the ranking list. The hard part comes when you have reached your true ranking. Then every time you play you are gambling your hard earned points against your oppo's. I have been at this stage for a few years now. I still play as much as before, although most players tend to stop when they have reached this plateau.
The hardest for me are new players either good juniors who are improving daily or good players who are making a comeback. Both these are not playing from there correct rating.
I have found the thing that keeps me going is whenever I am on a downturn I change my game slightly. This so far has always worked and keeps me busy for a season or two.
I've probably told you before but a few years ago I changed to short pimples on my BH. After hours of practicing and playing it gave me success and also slowed my game down.
I've now gone back to normal rubber and trying to keep up with the juniors again, but its fun whatever I do.
Report Abuse
Search Forum