Re: To alfie
by Tim 18 years ago
by BACKHAND 18 years ago
by alfie 18 years ago
by BACKHAND 18 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: To alfie) was posted by alfie, on 2/23/2006 10:05:20 PM:
the higher you go the harder it is to gain points.....as in some competitions there are only probably 5-6 2000 players....then there are the opens where a 1700 player that is up and coming and not played a tournament in a while but playes 4-5 days a week could play the 2000 player and win......if the 2000 player wins he gains no points and if he loses he loses 50 points......I like the idea of if you haven't played a tournament in 4 consecutive months you go off the list.....from what I have seen when you get around 1800 and higher there is a big difference in 100 points.....compared to 1100 and 1200 then there is not a lot of difference.......at a recent competition I saw the top player in the state of CT...he was 2340 and he was beating 2100 players like I would beat my 11 yr old daughter......but the 2100 players were doing the same to 1900 players.
To be playing competitvly as long as you have I would have guessed you would be at least 1700 and probably more.....at the moment I am the best player on my street....lol....I get my rating soon and I belive it will be between 1150-1200....Early April we enter another tourney and I will enter 4 events u/1200 u/1500 u/1700 and the open........with a bit of luck I will be able to win a game or two in the higher rankings and boost my rating.
Report Abuse
Search Forum