Re: stradegy(PLZ HELP)
by cole 19 years ago
by Dave 19 years ago
by mark 19 years ago
by brian 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: stradegy(PLZ HELP)) was posted by mark, on 2/7/2005 9:37:08 AM:
dave,
these opponents you are telling me are no beginners,they can be described as good players.well, if you want to beat them,you must have the ff:
1.Plenty of serves to set up your play,including disguised serves.for every player, i think,there will exist a serve which will be difficult for him to return.
2.you must chop effectively from backhand and forehand position,in that way,your defense is effective on both sides.some loopers does not have the ability to consistently loop underspin
3.you have the ABILITY to loop/drive even on underspin balls,in this way you can initiate the offensive;chop to their defensive side if loop attack is uncertain,loop underspin return if it is open,smash for a high return.
4.often anticipate for a loop drive return so that you can get far from the table to set up your counter,just in case topspin is so strong for a block.i usually lob the ball high with bottom sidespin in return which usually does the trick.actually you can just counterdrive,the spin is weak when the ball is already far from the table.
5.use some commonsense.sometimes just good placement of underspin pushes will do the trick.he will be forced to make the offensive shots,often making errors
Report Abuse
Search Forum