Newgy Robo-Pong 3050XL
The Robo-Pong 3050XL table tennis robot is a game changer! It revolutionizes the way you can train and practice! It was developed to create the most human-like playing and training experience for you. The life-like features enable you to perfectly simulate any opponent from the recreational, beginner ping pong player to the professional, competitive table tennis athlete, and everything in between. The easy-to-use Newgy APP and Bluetooth® technology allows you to navigate easily, with the simple touch of a button, you can decide to have a basic playing session, advanced training session, design your own training session, or a full-body aerobic workout session. Robo-Pong 3050XL really is the table tennis tool for everyone – easy enough for a beginner yet challenging enough for a pro!
Features and Benefits:
- 2 throw wheels with independently programmed motors spin forward and/or backward to achieve true separation of spin and speed while producing a wide variety, degree and combination of spins - including topspin, underspin, sidespin and no-spin. Achieve more spin without having to increase speed.
- User-friendly Newgy App controls all robot functions through Bluetooth® (Operates by your personal device, such as a smartphone, tablet or laptop. This robot can function either through the Newgy app via a Bluetooth® connection for iOS and Android, or through a wired USB connection for Windows (USB cable not included).
- Drill Mode: choose from a vast selection of more than 100 preprogrammed drills including Introductory, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Bonus, and Exercise. Create, save and run your own Custom drills. Save your favorite pre-programmed drills and custom drills in your Drill Library for quick and easy access.
- Control Mode: choose Standard for basic ball control options such as location on the table, type of spin (topspin, backspin, no spin), type of ball (serve or regular), amount of spin, side spin direction and side spin amount. Or choose Precision for a wider, more precise range of ball control options such as the number of balls, wait time, top and bottom motors/wheels speeds and frequency settings, oscillation, height and rotation.
- Indicator Lights on the robot head notify you of the exact spin on the outgoing ball.
- Recycling Net System to capture your returns and recycle the balls for non-stop action.
- Fits all standard table tennis tables, and is quick and easy to set up, take down, store and transport; No assembly or tools required.
- 1-year limited warranty; 5-year service policy. Newgy warranty applies to North American territory only. If the robot is taken out of North America and a replacement is needed, the customer is responsible for costs to ship the robot to the US and back.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
Included with your Robo-Pong 3050XL:
- 2-Wheeled Ball Thrower (w/Oscillation)
- Recycling Net System
- Personal Electronic Device Holder
- Rubber Tips Packet
- Plastic Clips
- 144 Orange 40+ mm Robo-Balls
- 1 Pong-Pal
- Quick Start Guide
- Tell-A-Friend/Warranty Form
Newgy Robo-Pong Comparison Chart
|Controls||Newgy APP/Bluetooth||Digital Control Box||Analog Control Box||Analog Control Box|
|Ball Per Minute (min-max)||1-170||1-170||26-94||26-94|
|Ball Size, MM||40+||40+ or 40||40+ or 40||40+ or 40|
|PC Mode||PC and APP||Yes||No||No|
|Weight, Boxed (lbs.)||23.8||23.1||23.1||12.4|
|Weight, Net (lbs.)||18||23.9||24.2||13.6|
|Dimensions, Set-Up (w/h/d)||60"/31"/18"||60"/31"/18"||60"/31"/18"||13"/20"/9"|
|Dimensions, Folded (w/h/d)||14"/33"/1"||14"/33"/11"||14"/33"/11"|
|Dimensions, Boxed (w/h/d)||37"/16"/15"||37"/16"/15"||37"/16"/15"||27"/15"/14"|
|Order 3050XL||Order 2055||Order 2040+||Order 1040+|
Warranty Plus: Additional Warranty Support If Needed
Megaspin offers an additional layer of support to standard manufacturer policies, at no extra charge, to ensure that any warranty claim or product defect issue is resolved with the manufacturer in the shortest time possible and to your maximum benefit. Our responsive and enthusiastic support team will be there to help you when you need us. See what others are saying.
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee to have the lowest prices (shipping included) in the US. Please tell us if you see a lower price.
Reviews of Newgy Robo-Pong 3050XL (10)
I find it really strange the negative reviews on here, when a lot of the trouble is caused by the Phone or Tablet, Apple had severe Bluetooth connection issues at the start of 2020, even my airpods disconnected for no apparent reason. The current IOS is quite stable. I'm happy to answer any questions regarding any Newgy Product.
Like the other posters here its been a problem since the start. Issues with calibration, issues with pre-programmed routines not working.
I logged a case with Newgy USA and was redirected to Newgy China (Asian Distributor). I asked for USA support due to potential language issues but that was ignored. I sent videos of serves going into the net all the time and they said reload your application, switch to another ipad, re-run the calibration. None of these worked of course. During the process new software releases happened and these made no difference to the problems.
I asked USA to escalate my case twice as it was not getting resolved they ignored me.
Eventually the local Australian distributor who I could actually talk to, sent me his shop robot to test with.
I did and it had the same issues.
He also confirmed that when it run the same tests when he got it back.
He said he was passing that info onto Newgy I doubt they will do anything about it.
I never had any issues with bluetooth connection this was one issue that worried me before buying due to bad reviews regarding it.
I checked with the Australian distributor who confirmed that had been fixed in a firmware update.
One other positive was the ease of mounting the robot on the table.
I've not had other experiences with other robots but couldn't recommend the Newgy 3050 XL at all.
Fundamentally support from the vendor is ZERO.
If you are keen make sure you have confidence in your local supplier as they would be the only person you could expect support from. In my case the local Australian distributor did their best and I still deal with them for table tennis supplies.
You can create your own routines and I found that when I did they worked better than the pre-programmed ones.
The pre-programmed routines often have way too much spin on them that not realistic in a game situation.
Certainly not for a developing player.
Also the timing between balls is often too short and can't always be changed.
If I spent as much time practicing as I did trying to troubleshoot the robot I would be a better player now.
If Newgy really want to improve their product they need to look at companies like Toyota that use issues to improve their product not ignore them like they do.
I imagine Newgy will write a comment after mine saying they are trying to improve things, my experience is otherwise.
Table Tennis Robots
All items are in stock unless otherwise stated. All prices are in USD.
If you need help or advice please contact us. We are happy to help!