Re: Chinese Paddles
by cole_ely 20 years ago
by Dennis R. Hidalgo 20 years ago
by cole 20 years ago
by Dennis R. Hidalgo 20 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Chinese Paddles) was posted by Dennis R. Hidalgo, on 10/21/2004 12:06:06 AM:
Well, To answer both questions,
I used to play a lot in my youth (I got two trophies once), and recently joined a league where I have a handicap of -6 (it means I start -6 on games up to 11 points). I have not been given a rating yet. But I have a powerful backhand, a spiny, low and fast service, and the rest (forehand, chop, defense, etc) is average overall.

Currently I use a lovely Butterfly with Flextra rubbers and a 5 ply Xstar blade. It is very light and responsive. Yet, I wanted a stickier one to reinforce my service spin and raise the ball when responding (which has become part of my style). All this, of course, I do on a fast ball.

The bat I described was a customized paddle put on Ebay for me to buy. I wanted to know from you guys, what should I be expecting on this bat. If is heavy, then, how can I make the leap from my light paddle to this one? Would hand and arm exercises help? How about getting use to the other characteristics of this paddle? And most importantly, would this improve my game?—which I have started to notice getting to a certain plateau.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis R. Hidalgo
Report Abuse
Search Forum