Re: Serves
by cole 20 years ago
by Simon 20 years ago
by cole 20 years ago
by alex 20 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Serves) was posted by Dave, on 11/23/2004 5:43:30 PM:
Yea,wat simon said,but personally in my opinion,the best serve u can use is the serve in which u practice with lots.I mean yea,i emphasize alot on serves,because i think that the serves are like free points on people who cant judge and read as well as u,and if its a good player,then its used as a tricky start up to play into your own game.But one of my coaches says that it really isnt that good to use serves at a really high level compared to others,because it makes you lazy to not play a game(expecting them to miss the serve),and the best players in the world can expect a service return no matter what you do.I mean i know my friend on the team over here and he only uses one type of serve,a forehand corkscrew serve with hell alotta top spin(also with a fine line between that or downward spin),he can expect any one to return that,but he backs up and returns the ball with a loop no matter where the ball lands.All in all,dont try to use all sorts of different serves that look tricky,seems like a waste of time to me now,just make one that will take the opponent into your own game.
Report Abuse
Search Forum