Re: First time Buyer! (need help)
by NickČ 19 years ago
by Mick 19 years ago
by leon 19 years ago
by william 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: First time Buyer! (need help)) was posted by NickČ, on 9/26/2005 9:57:12 AM:
Well, if you have only previously played with recreational equipment... and if you are anything like I was, you are probably going to have to change the way you play to make use of the professional rubber.

The killerspin instructional video on this site is pretty good for adjusting on how to make use of the new rubber. Not only can spins be very amplified, they react much stronger to your grippy rubber. You need to know what you must do to handle the spin, or the ball will jump off the paddle every time. The rubber really is a HUGE step up.

It sounds like an ALL (all around blade) might suit you best.

I'd say you should start with low cost equipment first. The RITC Friendship rubber is pretty low priced, and does the job very well IMO. Its a good route to go if you want to test different styles of rubber in the beginning. Their Geospin Tacky and 729 branded rubbers are very good IMO. I'd reccommend not getting anything too fast (not too high a speed rating), as a lot of this stuff will probably be too fast for you and your style.

As far as blades, that is harder to narrow down. I use offensive blades, so I don't really know what ALL or DEF blade would suit you. Personally, its a matter of "feel". Unfortunately, if you never get to hold the blade, its hard to tell if youd like it!

You do in fact need to buy 2 sheets of rubber, and they don't have to be the same. They just have to be different colors. I would reccommend having megaspin assemble it for you... They do a good job.

Advertisement: Order RITC GeoSpin Tacky
Megaspin.net store
Report Abuse
Search Forum