Re: play with sticky rubber
by rolly 19 years ago
by Tim 19 years ago
by PETER 19 years ago
by leon 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: play with sticky rubber) was posted by Dave, on 6/29/2005 9:33:01 PM:
hmm,well thats good for u to be offensive shakehand.If your afraid of heavy topspin serves,dont be.Be more confident and aggressive against his topspin serves,smash,loop whatever u can think of(DO NOT CHOP IT!!),touching it is the last thing you want to do,even if the service return does make it make on the table he'll be giving u a smash all night.against long heavy backspin make sure you shift your weight from your dominant leg to the undominant one,just try not to force the ball forward but upward instead,always practice snapping the elbow before striking the ball to give it alittle more spin and force above the net,i feel its alot easier to jump through the swing even though it looks funny.Careful if you try jumping though because the consistancy is quite bad,only do it if your going for an all out attack to his weak point,or if you wanna rest up abit and just feel like shooting it out to the corner to give you a breather while he runs after the ball.Oh yeah against the left,right thing on his serve?practice faster footwork,just practice side stepping back and forth,i have no troubles against those kind of services now because im fast on foot work,if hes an opposite dominant handed player aiming for a service across the court away from you,make sure u always stand a few inches closer to that end before he serves,side step towards the ball and loop it straight onto his side,when i mean straight i mean it,i beleive its legal to hit the ball around the net,so try to aim it to the corner hes not in,if he returns that itll most likely go to the opposite corner your in,so side step in again and make him "eat" backhand smash,this is especially good if your backhand rubber is pipped,because of the spin reversal on it,so then he can take a backspin straight after that which gets most players all the time.
Report Abuse
Search Forum