Re: Cleaning Blade
by khvn 19 years ago
by McFly 19 years ago
by Rod 19 years ago
by Kevin 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Cleaning Blade) was posted by Jeff Smith, on 6/1/2005 10:33:49 PM:
Dear Aussie:

I just ran into the same problem: I have played with the same blade for 3 years. I really love it. But the handle has gotten so dirty and slippery from the sweat that it ain't funny anymore. The blade actually stinks and this creates wrong first impressions if you catch my drift.

After asking for the advice from quite a few experts -- several of them are national US coaches and players ranked in the top 10 in the US -- I arrived at the perfect solution: sweath is largely water and water evaporates when placed in a microwave, no? So, just put the blade in a microwave for 10 minutes or so -- it is OK to pop some corn at the same time, do not worry. When the blade comes out of the microwave quickly wipe of the blade before all your dirt is sucked back in. You can do it with and without the rubber on. I think it is better to do it with the rubber on, as that protects the face of the wood blade from direct impact by micro-waves. I am a defensive player and my rubber actually got better after irradiation.

Good luck.
Jeff Smith
Report Abuse
Search Forum