Re: Blade Weight
by Greg Nice 19 years ago
by Greg Nice 19 years ago
by rolly valdes 19 years ago
by Bill C 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Blade Weight) was posted by Bill C, on 2/1/2005 11:57:28 AM:
I agree totally with Greg, Cole and Rolly in regard to blade weight. You cannot just look at a comparison table of blades and try to pick the best blade for yourslef based on its weight, thickness, no. of plys & materials, etc. As a penholder player I always want a real light blade so I may be able to put a piece of rubber on both sides. I suggested a lady beginner who was also a penholder to purchase the Butterfly Taksim because it only weighs 85 grams and seems to be the best Chinese style blade one could buy. Wow, when she received the blade and I tried it I really hated it. It was just too light (even with rubber) and I couldn't smash anything worth a dime. I think I learned my lession. You really need to "feel" the blade before you buy one (if possible). (Just like a Chinese martial artist tries to pick a sword). You will know the right blade when you pick it up. My suggestion is to try on other players' blades or go to a big tournament where they may offer baldes on site for sales.
Report Abuse
Search Forum