Re: Bryce FX vs. Cermet
by cole ely 20 years ago
by Loopy 20 years ago
by cole 20 years ago
by Shai 20 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Bryce FX vs. Cermet) was posted by cole ely, on 10/21/2004 1:22:43 PM:
Actually, I like my rubbers medium soft. About 40deg is perfect to me. If I were going to use tackfire I would use the soft version. I just need the tacky surface for my serves.

The only problem I have with the tensioned rubbers is that they're too fast for me to be able to serve or push with. I can't dump a serve return short either.

Maybe if i got used to it I'd feel different. I think you can pretty much adjust to anything. I've known lots of intermediate players who were advised their equipment was too fast. However, going to a 5ply wood and 1.5 sponge never seems to make them any better. Now if they were a 1000 player using carbon and bryce that would be a different story. But within reason I think you just adjust your stroke. And often those players end up swinging wildly to generate power after their change, then they're not in position for the next shot.

Plus, i don't think bryce is all that soft. Well, the fx is.

My rating is actually the same as yours then. I'm going to do a disclaimer here. Most of what I say is just the stuff I've heard from better players that I happen to agree with.

My expertise is equipment much more than play. I wish it were the other way around! :)
Advertisement: Order Butterfly Rubber
Megaspin.net store
Report Abuse
Search Forum