Free US Shipping over $50
Thousands of satisfied customers
Best Price Guarantee
HomeForum → Message
Return to Topic Index

Western tennis grip for table tennis (5)

Western tennis grip for table tennis
by yori 19 years ago
 Re: Western tennis grip for table tennis
by ahendler 19 years ago
by yori 19 years ago
by ahendler 19 years ago
by wayne wasielewski 18 years ago
by r.wosnak 18 years ago
by Hmm.. Interesting read..... 18 years ago
by Itso 17 years ago
by M.Jen 17 years ago
by Mark 17 years ago
by jk 17 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Western tennis grip for table tennis) was posted by wayne wasielewski, on 12/10/2006 2:18:55 PM:
Very interesting topic to read:

Correct-The grip that I used was a tennis grip! The goal at the time was a to create very strong top spins off the forehand side. The grip also assisted in generating strong spinning serves that could be easily varied and changed. Since most of my points were won with 3 ball attacks or forehand spins the grip suited my game well.

For approximately 1 year when the rules let you use the same color sponge, I tried using long pips on the backhand and flipping similar to the Seemiller style. The problem that I encountered was I played basically a conventional game. I had problems getting back into position for the forhand attack after the flip. With the grip, I needed the paddle in the exact position or I had a loss of control. I should mention, the weakness was on the backhand side. Getting enough wrist, and forward thrust from the backhand was difficult. I should say though, younger quicker players maybe able to work around that weakness. After all, the best defense for an attacking player is an overpowering offense!

Thank you-Long time National & Illinois player, past Mens and Junior State Champion
Wayne Wasielewski
Report Abuse
Search Forum