Q: Aspect Ratio & Game 11
by Andy 18 years ago
 Re: Q: Aspect Ratio & Game 11
by John 18 years ago
by Andy 18 years ago
by Justin Roy 18 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Q: Aspect Ratio & Game 11) was posted by Justin Roy, on 10/25/2006 10:23:49 AM:
In this discussion, more interesting to me is how the ITTF comes to a decision that affects all table-tennis players. Let's take the example of "aspect ratio" for long-pip rubbers that Andy forwarded. It shows that the German Table Tennis Association proposed to the ITTF to limit the aspect ratio to 1.1 and the ITTF accepted the proposal. To me, it looks too simple to change rules ! Do we remember whether we table-tennis players were ever consulted, or were asked to give opinion on the limited aspect ratio of 1.1, or were asked to cast ballots on the new rule? As far as I remember, I was not!

Also, when the ITTF decided to change table-tennis balls from 38 mm to 40 mm, I don't recall that we table-tennis players had anything to say to influence the ITTF decision and were asked to cast ballots either.

So, the decision by the ITTF looks "top-down" with players having NOTHING to say. It is undemocratic and dictatorship !!

Going back to this interesting topics, I want someone to explain to me why the ITTF chooses the undemocratic/dictatorship path.
Report Abuse
Search Forum