Q: Aspect Ratio & Game 11
by Andy 18 years ago
 Re: Q: Aspect Ratio & Game 11
by John 18 years ago
by Andy 18 years ago
by Justin Roy 18 years ago

The following message (subject: Q: Aspect Ratio & Game 11) was posted by Andy, on 10/23/2006 1:20:25 PM:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Andy. I'm new in this forum, but have been playing table tennis for more than 30 years. Since this is table tennis forum, I'd like to ask two questions to viewers.

I'm a defensive player that had used Butterfly Feint Long rubber (or, perhaps called "Feint Long I") for my backhand and Butterfly Tackiness Chop in my forehand. The Feint Long rubber is usually categorized as a long-pip rubber. Since 1999, the rubber has been outlawed by the ITTF, because it has the aspect ratio of (probably) 1.3 (or, higher than the ITTF-approved aspect ratio of 1.1). Consequently, I have to switch to Butterfly Feint Long II, but frankly the quality of Feint Long II is inferior to that of Feint Long I. Recently, rubbers used by offensive players have advanced and their top-spins also improves significantly, and I feel that the maximum aspect ratio of 1.1 for long-pip rubbers becomes insufficient. Do you think that ITTF should allow the maximum aspect ratio of 1.3 (or even higher) for long-pip rubbers? -- Question No.1

In the past, we played table tennis with game-21. But, currently, we play with game-11 (note: I don't remember since when we have played game-11). Quite often (both as a player and an umpire) I experience that game-11 is too short for players to adapt to the game. Game-21 takes more time, and, from my experience, players that were leading up to 11 points could lose at game-21. Do you think that ITTF should return to game-21 for all official games? -- Question No.2

Thank you for your attention.
Report Abuse
Search Forum