Rubber Unlimited
by Driver 20 years ago
 Re: Rubber Unlimited
by cole ely 20 years ago
by Driver 20 years ago
by SmAsHeR69 20 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Rubber Unlimited) was posted by Driver, on 4/7/2004 9:20:24 PM:
Yes, Sigma. I got it because I wanted to test out the Tensor rubber. That is, I am not sure if I love the V-Max because of the medium-soft sponge or because of the Tensor Technology. I know that playing with it gives you the feel that you are generating a TON of spin(sponge?)...and I can attest to playing against it that nothing scares me more than V-Max rubber(Tensor?). So I wanted to make some comparisons. This is also why I got Tango Extreme, in part. I haven't delved into the Donic region because the ratings are awful. And since a lot of these ratings come direct from the manufacturer, it makes me wonder. And when I was turned on to Donic supply after watching JOW play I had someone tell me that I'd be better off saving my money. He basically said that Donic gear is glorified pre-assembled paddles. Not exactly what I want to spend money on. :) But, since you seem to know a lot about different brands of rubbers, care to tell me what rubber and blade you use? What have you tried? What have you liked? What haven't you liked? Why or why not? What do you think about Spintech Dynasty rubber? What do you think about Magna? You said it's a lot like Sigma..is there one that you prefer? Why? What do you think about Maxcell SuperSponge? Hammond ProAlpha? These I have tried. So it would be good to see if my judgement compares to yours...that way I can know whether I should trust your advice or not.(no offense!) Also, I don't believe there is a "secret" rubber out there that is going to turn me into a world caliber player. My beliefs are much opposite. I believe that the rubber can help develop the player (that is, a poor player can become mediocre just by upgrading equipment) but a good player far outweighs a great rubber. At the same time, I do enjoy searching for any edge I can get. :) I thank you for your response ahead of time.
Report Abuse
Search Forum