Re: Hardbat still viable?
by Francis 19 years ago
by rhino 19 years ago
by yori 19 years ago
by Francis 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Hardbat still viable?) was posted by Francis, on 8/18/2005 2:52:11 PM:
Rhino, what you wrote is mainly about long pips, because hard rubbers (short pips without sponge) don't generate spin reversal and knuckle balls.
I just turned to permanent hardbat a week ago, I was playing hardbat yet, but only in hardbat events. I got best sensation without sponge, and after playing against sponge players for the last 7 days, it seems that I kept the same level than with sponge, and I even beat two players of one rating over me (in France, I'm 1300 rated, and they were 1400 : 1300 is close to 1900/2000 american rating), but that was only in training, not in competition. So it makes me confident for the future.
For the moment I play with Butterfly Orthodox, but it's very "neutral", with a vey poor spin effect, and it seems that spinny hard rubbers (like Friendship 799) would be better for me. I have a month to find the best rubbers/paddle combination, before the beginning of my championship.
Report Abuse
Search Forum