Re: What is a push?
by cole 19 years ago
by gcollins 19 years ago
by Dave 19 years ago
by cole 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: What is a push?) was posted by Dave, on 3/25/2005 2:33:40 PM:
whoa,i just had to join in this one.Haha push is one of my favourite short service returns.I always stand more on the backhand side so that im ready for a more forehand position shot.If they throw a short backspin serve then the key to pushing is to open up the racket almost at a chopping angle and push foreward so that u can turn the super spin serve into something closer to a no spin ball.No pushing isnt a slice in tennis terms,in tennis u always try to slice downwards to get downward spin,in a push ur aiming to make it look like a slice but it actually throws a no spin ball.Pushing their services off the bounce is a natural bonus to set up a 3rd ball attack counter,my favourite!Most players stand in the backhand corner for forehand service,the second they throw it to u,pluck it off the table(well not pluck but get it off the bounce)and throw it the opposite end.And unless theyre super super good,then they can throw a loop to the parrel end of the table,because of the spin being thrown around the loops will almost always land on the opposite side(like a cross court rally for instance).And ive seen professionals practice that krok......something,that hooky loop thing.No the angle is not an extreme backhand angle sidespin attack.Ive tried,if it was then itd be called a hook "smash" instead of loop.A hook loop is an extreme closed racket angle and swung like a hooking punch in order to throw more side spin to get the ball on the other side of the table and trying to move the ball off to the side as much as they can to try to get the point.And yes,ma lin loves killing this shot,Ive seen a doubles video of one of his amazing loops,*wind up* and bam.Ma lins shots are of the best ive ever seen.
Report Abuse
Search Forum