Re: Prisoner of GRİZZLY
by peter rolfe 16 years ago
by Fadil Olguner 16 years ago
by peter Rolfe 16 years ago
by Fadil Olguner 16 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Prisoner of GRİZZLY) was posted by Peter Rolfe, on 10/1/2008 6:18:53 AM:
Fadil, hi. I haven't replied before because for our first match of the season the venue lighting was below par and none of us played with great confidence. OK for this Monday's match, though, so I can report back on Special Defence under competitive pressures!

I lost 3-2 to one chap I used to beat most times with Boomerang and beat the other two, 3-0 and 3-2. I'm very happy with the rubber, though I'm still learning not to play pimples out shots! It gives a lot of control and suits my game, which I guess is the secret - I'm too old to be able to change my game very much to suit my bat. I used to attack with zero friction PO Boomerang and the speed and bat angle needed for Special Defence are very similar, with a little bit more wrist in the shot,though the flight of the ball isn't as deceptively flat.

There's bags of spin available when needed so chopping and serving are more effective. Blocking is good, with occasional spin reversal, though I don't know why or how!

Special Defence probably wouldn't suit someone who relied on the rubber to make the opponent make errors - you have to be more active and play better table tennis - but it's much more consistent and reliable than Grizzly.

Good luck with whatever you're using.

Peter
Report Abuse
Search Forum