hi my dear i need help now
by MegranFuyis 16 years ago
 Re: racket case redesign
by Kevin 19 years ago
by Rob P 19 years ago
by Rod 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: racket case redesign) was posted by alex, on 4/8/2005 12:06:41 PM:
Every consumer has a threshold with which they aren't willing to spend more than they need to to get a product due to the value you get out of the increased cost of the product.
You just have to price it at a sweet spot where people would be willing to spend a little bit extra to get that extra value that your product offers.

In my opinion, a decent case can be made for $5-$10. I don't see why it'd have to cost more unless the person making it was trying to rip you off. In fact, current fabric cases that cost like $10-$20 are already at rip off prices since i bet it costs like $1-$2 in expenses (labor, materials, shipping, salesmen, etc). This is if you are selling your product in a mass production scale where costs can be reduced.

The increased cost doesn't justify the aesthetic or very minor extra functional value (hard case, ball compartment) for me for a $10 case vs. a $20 case. Sure it'd be nice to have a cool case, but in the end it comes down to the money and value ratio. (at least for me, other people could just splurge on a new case with reckless abandon). So far, my fabric case has been ok with my racket ($45 racket), there just doesn't seem to be a reason to get a better case unless it was that much better.

If you've taken Microeconomics, you could easily relate to the point i'm trying to get at.
Report Abuse
Search Forum