Inventing A New Robot (1)
Inventing A New Robot
by StudentEngineer 16 years ago
The following message (subject: Inventing A New Robot) was posted by StudentEngineer, on 2/21/2003 10:51:51 AM:
I am a sophmore engineering student at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute working on a team project for a course called "Introduction to Engineering Design". Our assignment for this semester is to create a table tennis robot that is better than current models on the market.
Part of our research includes determining what players are looking for in a machine. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their opinions on table tennis robots.
Here are some questions that would help us design a better robot:
1. Have you used a TT robot?
2. If not, why? Price? Availability? Don't like what they do?
3. If so, which one and how did you like it?
4. What features in robots do you like and/or dislike?
5. What would a robot have to do to make you really, really, really want to buy it?
6. What is the maximum amount of money you would spend on a robot (if it were good enough to spend money on)?
These questions are not exclusive - any other information you would like to share would be greatly appreciated and very helpful.
Thank you for your time.
RPI Engineering Student