Re: Sissy Serves?
by Driver 20 years ago
by cole 20 years ago
by Joe 20 years ago
by Gene 20 years ago

The following message (subject: Sissy Serves?) was posted by Driver, on 4/3/2004 6:06:07 PM:
I have been watching a TON of table tennis lately and noticed that most top players throw a soft undercut service at their opponent. Maybe I am missing something, but this doesn't seem like the best approach. I understand the 3rd ball theory, but this soft serve nonsense seems to defy that principle. And, it seems as though the margin of error is inadequate. For instance, hit it too strong and you are immediately on the defensive...hit it too soft and your in the net(and there's nothing worse then losing a point on the service!). Now, I'll be the first to say that variability in your play, serves included, is key...but why don't more top players hit the ball with authority to get the point rolling? Sidespin mix spins seem to be my best weapon when it comes to gaining dominance of the court from the first ball strike...and I love, absolutely LOVE, to play guys who use the customary sissy service...so what am I missing?
Report Abuse
Search Forum