FEXTRA is a handmade 7-ply all-wood blade laminated using a proven attachment process. This blade offers a feeling of stability and provides additional control to compensate for a player’s potential weakness in this area. The 3 middle wood layers clearly reflect the reaction between each force and counterforce. This helps the blade release feedback quickly to the incoming ball, while the carefully selected supporting wood layer easily delivers a high-quality looping effect on fast attacks. Style: OFF
1st Speed: 95
2nd Speed: 100
FEXTRA is a handmade 7-ply all-wood blade laminated using a proven attachment process. This blade offers a feeling of stability and provides additional control to compensate for a player’s potential weakness in this area. The 3 middle wood layers clearly reflect the reaction between each force and counterforce. This helps the blade release feedback quickly to the incoming ball, while the carefully selected supporting wood layer easily delivers a high-quality looping effect on fast attacks.
Customers who purchased Sanwei Fextra also purchased:
Blade Buying Guide - what you need to know when buying a blade.
Compare Blades - blade rating comparison chart.
Blade Weight Variations - Actual blade weight may vary by up to 8g.
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee to have the lowest prices (shipping included) in the US. Please tell us if you see a lower price.
✨ AI-generated summary of customer reviews.
- The blade is highly recommended for its excellent control and defensive capabilities. It is particularly stable during defensive play and has minimal vibration, making it easier to play. It is also praised for its beautiful handle and good feel, as well as its affordability.
- The blade is described as consistent, forgiving, and perfect for intermediate players. It is praised for its ability to provide feedback on where shots will land, which is beneficial for players who struggle with control. It is also noted for its excellent control during attacking play.
- The blade is lauded for its great control, particularly on backhand and forehand shots. It is also praised for its good speed when hitting and its ability to increase spin on the ball. It is recommended for both beginners and intermediate players due to its performance and affordable price.
- The blade is criticized for its lack of stability, which can affect control. Some users also found the feeling of the blade to be subpar, particularly on high-end shots. The core of the blade, which is made up of ayous, was identified as the main issue.
- Some users found the blade to be too heavy, with one user reporting a weight of 90g for their blade. This could potentially affect the ease of use and comfort during play. The blade was also criticized for having occasional variations that affected shot consistency.
- The blade is criticized for its lack of responsiveness during attacking shots. Some users found that no matter how hard they hit or tried to load their shots with spin, the ball would come off the racket with significantly less speed and spin. This made the blade frustrating to use for some users, particularly those with an offensive play style.
Reviews of Sanwei Fextra (35)
First thing I need to say is that after I paired it with a heavy, tacky rubber such as the Nittaku Hurricane 3 pro turbo orange sponge, it just didn't give that responsiveness working through the gears that I was after. Having said this, I've now got a yellow sponge Palio AK47 ( also on Ali Express for around AU $15) and on the backhand, a FastArc G1. this setup offers a great level of control, but you can also produce the speed as long as you input quality strokes and strong force from mid-to-long distance from the table. The ST handle is rather thick but felt good in my hand, of course you can always sand it down to make it thinner to your liking.
All in all this is an excellent, budget-friendly blade that suits offensive players, with an emphasis on control over speed.
This blade is definitely slower and softer than Butt (I used the same DHS Gold Arc 5 42.5 and 47 degrees rubbers on both sides), not much, but still noticeable, which is why I leaked the first tournament with this blade. it takes time to get used to it.
Table Tennis Blades
All items are in stock unless otherwise stated. All prices are in USD.
If you need help or advice please contact us. We are happy to help!