Donic Bluestorm Z2
Donic Bluestorm Z2: A POWERFUL STORM! Bluestorm Z2 has a long, thin pimple structure and a large pored sponge. One feels the storm and its power with the first contact and can direct this energy where one wants. Speed: 95
This 47.5 degree medium hard sponge is ideal for many players.
Great speed, enormous rebound, with excellent spin and speed characteristics.
Donic Bluestorm Z2: A POWERFUL STORM!
Bluestorm Z2 has a long, thin pimple structure and a large pored sponge.
One feels the storm and its power with the first contact and can direct this energy where one wants.
Customers who purchased Donic Bluestorm Z2 also purchased:
Donic is a table tennis equipment manufacturer that produces high-quality products in Volklingen, Germany. In business for over 25 years, they have been on the forefront of research and development, led by top Swedish pro players Jan-Ove Waldner and Jorgen Persson.
Ask around your local table tennis club and you'll be sure to find some players using Donic equipment. They have a great reputation and it's no surprise when you look at their rubbers. Three of their most well-known product lines are undoubtedly the Acuda, Bluefire and Bluestorm series. Additionally, a spin-heavy favorite for the backhand is the Donic Baracuda. If you like to spin, smash, or a little bit of both, you won't go wrong with Donic.
Rubber Buying Guide - what you need to know when buying rubber sheets.
Compare rubber ratings - compare ratings to other sheets.
Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee to have the lowest prices (shipping included) in the US. Please tell us if you see a lower price.
✨ AI-generated summary of customer reviews.
- The rubber provides a spongy feel which allows for more dynamic and aggressive looping, and makes counterlooping very solid and fast. It also allows for more control over shots when the ball is hit correctly, sinking into the sponge.
- The Bluestorm Z2 rubber offers improved accuracy, power, and control, making it excellent for loop attacks and chop shots. It is compared favorably to the Tenergy 05, but handles new balls better.
- The rubber is described as having medium hardness, but leaning towards hard. It is durable and very fast, offering good spin when hit with a reasonable amount of force. It is recommended for club players who are comfortable controlling rubbers like T05.
- The spongy characteristic of the rubber can make fine touch and passive strokes harder to get used to, as balls may fly further than intended. It requires more dedication to the shot to engage the sponge and gain control over shots.
- The rubber is not very powerful and becomes very spin insensitive after 2 months. The 'new' feeling of the rubber is gone after a month.
- The durability of the rubber is a weak point, as it loses its tackiness very fast and shrinks drastically once removed. It is also too powerful for some, making control difficult.
Reviews of Donic Bluestorm Z2 (16)
rubber is presented as medium hardness but I think of it as medium going to hard. Top sheet has typical height of pips. It is durable rubber for ESN product. Most of ESN durability has been approved in last 5 years or so. No resemblance to older tensors which if you buy soft could die in a month or so.
this rubber is really fast. Would not count much on typical midrange series safety to it. As Z2, midpoint between Z1 and Z3 you would expect some margin for error but in my opinion this is fast. You can go away from the table as much as you want, and most likely you wont lack power with this. Honestly I find it a bit too fast for me.
Spin: a bit tricky topic with this rubber. Since I find this rubber to be fast, spin is very good when you manage to hit with reasonable amount of force, but if you dont execute full stroke or you put less power spin is not amazing. It is not easy to dig into the sponge with mediocre swing and rubber is not tacky so top sheet wont do all the work for you. If you have very solid technique, you can rip very hard 3rd ball attack and make it spinney but again you have to make a solid hit. All in all, spin is there, but requires higher level of skill and confidence in the shot.
this rubber I would only recommend to club players, who are ok controlling rubbers like T05 and such. On the other hand if you are blocker on BH, this could very well work just fine. If you like to drive on counter mainly on FH this could be a consideration as well.
Have fun and enjoy TT.
Table Tennis Rubber
All items are in stock unless otherwise stated. All prices are in USD.
If you need help or advice please contact us. We are happy to help!