Free US Shipping over $50
Thousands of satisfied customers
Best Price Guarantee
HomeForum → Message
Return to Topic Index

need help tweaking my blade/rubber combination (1)

need help tweaking my blade/rubber combination
by Tony 18 years ago
 Re: need help tweaking my blade/rubber combination
by Leo 18 years ago

The following message (subject: need help tweaking my blade/rubber combination) was posted by Tony, on 3/1/2006 10:26:28 PM:
I am on my third new racket (details below) in a month. While it is much closer to what I need/like than its predecessors, it is apparent that I still need to tweak things a bit. :-)

LKT Mind Game
BH = SST Cross 1.5mm
FH = 729 FX-C 1.8mm

I am adapting nicely to the 1.8mm FX-C, since it has lower throw angle and generates less power than the other rubbers I've tried. It's a keeper.

I can't say that I like the SST Cross - it's a bit jumpy, but the backhand is not as crucial to my success. I will give it more time, or perhaps get a 2nd sheet of FX-C.

The real issue is the blade...I would like better vibration dampening and a larger sweet spot, but with more control, NOT more speed. This has me thinking about carbon/arylate, but I'm worried it will wreak havoc on my forehand again. So the question becomes...

Would a blade such as LKT Will Power (or any blade, for that matter) provide the characteristics I want, without a noticeable increase in speed?

Thanks, in advance, for any input provided...
Advertisement: Order Friendship LKT Carbon
Megaspin.net store
Report Abuse
Search Forum