Re: Ofensive looping blade
by gcollins 19 years ago
by Topspin 19 years ago
by spin player 19 years ago
by Anonymous 13 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Ofensive looping blade) was posted by spin player, on 6/17/2005 5:52:56 AM:
i'm not much in backand spin but use offensive forehand spin a lot. i think you have two approaches. first is to use controlled allround blade and combine it with thicker sponge offensive rubber. second approach is to use fast stiff blade and get control by softer rubber with thinner sponge. no matter how the blade is fast you can get it slow, spinny and controllable by using soft and slow spinny rubber.

for some reason it seems to me that you have much more space in fast blade/slow rubber combinations. slower blade is not so great when it comes to the mid distance because of more curved arc trajectory of the ball. then you have to use rubber which is somehow more direct than tipical spin rubber, yet soft enough and with dwell time long enough so you can get the spin right-I am talking are true allround rubbers (not attacker, not spin). unfortunately, market selection for these rubbers is much thinner. I currently use allround blade (butterfly grubba) and butterfly softD13 on forehand side (other side is short pips-out).

so...my sugestion is: go for the faster, offensive blade (not the fastest though, I do not recommend carbon blade), if possibly some with good reputation, and combine it with controlled spin rubbers like tackinness or geospin to get control.
Advertisement: Order RITC GeoSpin Tacky
Megaspin.net store
Report Abuse
Search Forum