Free US Shipping over $50
Thousands of satisfied customers
Best Price Guarantee
HomeForum → Message
Return to Topic Index

This question is for frictionless rubber users... (4)

This question is for frictionless rubber users...
by Fadil Olguner 16 years ago
 Re: This question is for frictionless rubber users...
by Adam 13 years ago
by Juno 12 years ago
 Re: This question is for frictionless rubber users
by anti banner 16 years ago
by Jorge 16 years ago
by Scott9482 16 years ago
by Ben 16 years ago
by Neil 16 years ago
by Scott9482 16 years ago
by Neil 16 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: This question is for frictionless rubber users) was posted by Ben , on 8/19/2008 6:56:46 PM:
The first one for me in may was Friendship 755 6.0, that was too fast and uncontrollable so that test lasted one weekend. That being said I had just come from using Original so it stands to reason that it would feel fast. Then it was Joola Octopus OX, that was good for chop blocking, but against high rotation power loops when only a block was possible the ball went sailing long. I heard this rubber is good for chopping, but I am not a chopper neither do I wish to be. After that it was Hallmark Frustration 1.5, which was very good for attack against back spin and good for counters against drives. However against heavy top spins I found it very hard to keep the ball down, I thought it was the user until I tried Hallmark Half Long 1.0. This is proving to be sensational, attacking and blocking against top spin can be done with ease and creates a fast sink ball. Attacking back spin although not as easy as with Frustration can also be done with ease. I imagine that veterans of this rubber can smash back spins at will as I have only been playing with this stuff for a couple of weeks and am finding it easier and easier all the time. Slow dead balls are harder to control at the moment, but with the passing of time I can already see that I will be able to smash those. Please note that frictionless shots will not work with this stuff, it requires a short pips technique, in other words I am learning how to play. This is very much a work in progress, but it is looking good. Thanks, Ben
Report Abuse
Search Forum