Re: Focus on focuses
by cole 17 years ago
by Mike Oxbent 17 years ago
by Frank 17 years ago
by Mike Oxbent 17 years ago

The following message (subject: Focus on focuses) was posted by Cole, on 1/30/2007 1:06:12 PM:
Ok, I'll bite.

Focus 1 is on the green transcend, around 43deg. Same sponge that higher transcend has been on for about the past year. Before that it was on a softer version of the green transcend.

Focus 2 is on the "god-favored sponge." This sponge is friendship's attempt to revamp the old, hard orange sponge they've used for years. They've managed to keep it hard but pump more air into it and lighten it up. At the same time if feels a little livlier in the low gears. That may not be a good thing. Many people who used that orange sponge liked it cause it felt kind of dead on serves and pushes, but if hit hit with it the hardness would keep it from toping out. It didn't add any spring to your strokes, but it didn't top out either. You had to do it all yourself.

Then the focus 3, which is IMO friendship's best effort to date. You're gonna have to like soft though. It's probably 40 to start but if you glue it a couple times it goes down to 38ish. The topsheet is grippy but non tacky. Definately the prettiest topsheet friendship has ever made. Sponge is springy and loopy feeling. Nice bh rubber for sure. People used to other chinese rubbers will find it too soft and not tacky enough for fh.
Report Abuse
Search Forum