Rubbers for Stiga Energy Wood
by Alfred 19 years ago
 Re: Rubbers for Stiga Energy Wood
by William 19 years ago
by ZoranV 19 years ago
by bes 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Rubbers for Stiga Energy Wood) was posted by bes, on 11/28/2005 1:59:00 PM:
I've tried quite a few different rubbers - almost all to good effect on that blade. The Energy is just stiff enough to where most soft rubbers work, but not so hard that firm rubbers don't. Note that I don't feel that I have found an "ideal" match yet, but several are quite good.

I am primarily using 1.8mm J.O. on my backhand, and either Mendo MP or Donic F2 (or 729 HighPoint) on my forehand. I like the F2 better for power looping, but the MP is definitely better at the table, and even offers (me) more looping versatility.

I've had pretty good luck with Palio, DSU, GeoSpin, and F2 unglued on the backhand. All save F2 work as well or better glued. Coppa Tenero and Mendo Energy work well with glue too.

I'd recommend you start with a rubber you like, and see how it goes. If you don't have a favorite, either pick some general-purpose rubber (Sriver, Mark V, etc.), or one designed for your style of play.

I have a habit of changing my game and strokes to fit my rubber, when doing the opposite would be better!

bes
Advertisement: Order RITC GeoSpin Tacky
Megaspin.net store
Report Abuse
Search Forum