Re: Removing old glue on rubber
by Warren 19 years ago
by ZoranV 19 years ago
by bingwang 19 years ago
by NADER 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Removing old glue on rubber) was posted by bingwang, on 9/7/2005 12:42:29 PM:
There are numerous posts on the forum about this. The method I use is this: get some cigarette lighter fluid (I used zippo). Remove the rubber from the blade and pour some of the lighter fluid on the sponge. Make sure you soak the whole sponge pretty thoroughly. Now start rubbing the center of the sponge with your finger in a circular motion. The glue layer will be noticeably loose. After a few minutes you should see a small patch peel away from the sponge. At this point you can roll the edges of the patch out toward the edge of the sponge, and the glue layer will roll up into something like a big tubular snowball. When you get to the edge just pick it off with your fingers. If at any time you start getting little patches of sponge coming loose just apply more lighter fluid to that area. If you use a generous amount to begin with and don't take too long with the whole process it shouldn't be necessary to add more. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to do the whole process for one rubber.
Report Abuse
Search Forum