Return to Topic Index

Attempts to improve Geospin (3)

Attempts to improve Geospin
by Gene 19 years ago
 Re: Attempts to improve Geospin
by gcollins 19 years ago
Re: Attempts to improve Geospin
by Gene 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Attempts to improve Geospin) was posted by Gene, on 1/29/2005 3:24:49 PM:
After two hours of play on the Juic Ecolo-Expander (JEE) treated Geospin Tacky (GT), I can definitely see changes and improvement.

First, the JEE treatment resulted in a clicky sound when hit. This was not present before. I posted in a previous thread that unglued GT sounded like hitting with a rubber pillow.

Second, both I and my practice partner noticed that my shots had more power, and we were trading more true loops. The loops had more of a sideways "j" shape to them. Treated, it plays much faster than the bounce off the rubber would indicate!

It is loads of fun to hit practice balls with the softened Geospin Tacky. However, I am not sure how well it fits my Chinese penhold game, which has been more of a hit, spin, block, drive and push. At first, switching back to Cream/mrs made the games competitive. The bouncier mrs sponge works better for flips, pushes and touch shots.

It was not until I switched back to GT at the end of the practice that I could win a game or two with it. Perhaps it will just take time to integrate the new looping capabilities into my game.

I definitely think the JEE is worth a try with this rubber. It may not be speed glue and gluers will probably not be satified, but it definitely improved both speed and spin on the GT, and it is a one-time treatement.
Advertisement: Order RITC GeoSpin Tacky
Megaspin.net store
Report Abuse
Search Forum