Re: glueing question
by SG 19 years ago
by Tim 19 years ago
by db 19 years ago
by SG 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: glueing question) was posted by BACKHAND, on 12/1/2005 7:29:49 PM:
I would say all rubbers have a period when they are at there optimum. This will vary from one make to another. Sponge density makes a big difference as well. Some rubbers will be at there best after 3 gluing others at 5,6,7 gluings.
I would think most pro's would use a set of rubbers for one day only. As they are sponsored cost doesn't come into it. Us poor amateurs have to play with the same rubbers for up to 2 months. I always find a time when my rubbers are at there best but this period only lasts for a few days before they start to decline.
Taking the old glue of and starting again helps as you get 2 goes at the optimum.
Another difference between amateurs and pro's is they will cut there rubbers after each gluing as the rubber becomes more stretched they will trim them to keep them within the legal limits, knowing that at the end of the day the rubber will be discarded. We have the problem that after regluing a few times if we cut our rubbers the next day they wouldn't fit the blade.
Most rubbers will last up to 6 months if you don't glue. But only about 2 months if you do. Usually the top sheet looks like new if cleaned properly but the sponge will be shot.
Report Abuse
Search Forum