yasaka extra 3d
by shellmae 19 years ago
 Re: yasaka extra 3d
by db 19 years ago
by bes 19 years ago
by cole 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: yasaka extra 3d) was posted by bes, on 12/1/2005 10:10:43 AM:
I haven't used Sriver el or Coppa Tagora, but have used Sriver, Coppa, Coppa Tenero, and J.O. Waldner.

Your blade is soft, with very good control. It isn't super fast, but is not beginner-slow either. World championships have been won with that blade (or virtually identical ones). You are not likely to ever be blade limited with it!

I think the blade is fine. I think your rubber choices are OK too. I have a couple minor rubber critiques - nothing earth shattering, but, perhaps worth thinking about. I've found out through trial and error and via good tips as well that firmer rubbers often work best on flexible blades.

I'd recommend you use 1.9 mm thick rubber (Sriver or Sriver EL) for your backhand. 2.1mm Sriver EL is pretty serious - again several World Championships have been won with 2.1 Sriver on the backhand. I think that, even at 1.9mm, you'll have a very high performance rubber. I'd also lean towards the regular Sriver (the firmness thing). I've heard that the EL is only slightly softer, so it is probably fine too.

I find Coppa Tenero to work best speed glued and on a firm blade. I don't feel it reaches it's full potential on soft blades. If the Tagora is as soft, it MAY have a similar effect/problem. I would recommend that you consider either the regular Coppa or J.O. Waldner (both 1.8mm) for your forehand (or backhand for that matter!)

It would be hard to go wrong with Coppa, Sriver, or, for that matter Mark V - any of the classic, highly versatile rubbers.

Good Luck!
bes

Disclaimer - Bear in mind that these are my opinions based on my game - your milage may vary.
Advertisement: Order Butterfly Rubber
Megaspin.net store
Report Abuse
Search Forum