Free US Shipping over $50
Thousands of satisfied customers
Best Price Guarantee
HomeForum → Message
Return to Topic Index

How i can use the backside of penholer (2)

How i can use the backside of penholer
by Thomas 19 years ago
Re: How i can use the backside of penholer
by Kevin 19 years ago
 Re: How i can use the backside of penholer
by Kevin Hu 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: How i can use the backside of penholer) was posted by Kevin, on 1/20/2005 3:45:35 PM:
http://www.masatenisi.org/english/penhrbackh.htm
great site, explains the stroke in detail.

As for my own experience. flip the reverse side out so that it is at an angle very similar to how you would do a forehand loop or drive and make sure your feet are angled out a lot so that if you are a righty your left foot is almost totally behind your lead/right foot. make a relatively large stroke even if the throw on your chinese rubber has a low angle make a long follow through forward in the desired direction.
you can also cut with the reverse side by twisting your wrist around and keep the racquet slightly open with a minimal slice but more of a forward countering and upward motion if you are fishing the ball out from under the table wide to your backhand.

Remember the key is a steady long motion for the loop at first so that you can get used to the feeling and direction. Then you can start manipulating.

I can't say much for the cut because I just accidently did it one time to extend my range and save a ball wide to my backhand and it has only been used on those occasions.
Report Abuse
Search Forum