Return to Topic Index

New Blade (2)

New Blade
by David 17 years ago
Re: New Blade
by cole 17 years ago
 Re: New Blade
by David 17 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: New Blade) was posted by cole, on 3/15/2007 10:37:11 AM:
I never recommend an composite blade unless it's for a specific reason. Most of the people who buy them should already be excellent players who know exactly what they want, why they want it, and don't want or need advice from anybody who isn't even better. My gut feeling is no, it doesn't make sense.

I would never buy a preassembled blade (isnt' that what the proline is?), even ones that are supposed to be a blade and rubbers that are sold individually. I've taken enough apart to know that they often use that method to hide flaws in the wood. Like say they made a batch and the outer ply on one side had a knot in it. Quite common in the upper level premades.

In addition, I don't think you're always getting exactly the same sponge. The topsheet is usually the same, but sponges don't always seem to be.

If you want a faster blade I would go for something like korbel with your chosen sriver and take the combo discount. That should be more than plenty. If you can't hit the ball hard enough with that, spend your money on some lessons.
Advertisement: Order Butterfly Rubber
Megaspin.net store
Report Abuse
Search Forum