Re: Double-Fish 1615 lp's
by Rod 18 years ago
by sajbor 18 years ago
by Rod 18 years ago
by Lancer 16 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Double-Fish 1615 lp&#39s) was posted by cole, on 4/24/2006 8:37:13 AM:
Well, there's a couple of issues here to adress. Lets first tackly dr neubauer.

The main ones that were really funky were superblock and superspecial. They were funky because they had rolled epoxy onto the tips. The ittf did not know they were doing this and when called to their attention they told them they would not approve that.

So you won't see that anymore. Newer versions like boomerang probably play nice, I think they're softer than most chinese pips, but they're definately not as funky as some of the older kinds.

A lot of the drN stuff looks an awful lot like friendship to me. I recently passed through a sheet of leapord and it was exactly like 802-1. And this weekend I played against...I think it was called tornado...and I examined it next to 802-40...again, identical.

Of course it's possible that they've used the same mold, but poured a different formula into the mold, but I kinda doubt it.

Double fish and prashida 1615 are very popular long pips. They are at least as funky as 755 but they have the control and attack of 837. But they're not super funky like you're talking about.

Probably the strangest long pips out there now are meteor, but they're hard to come by these days. I wouldn't be surprised if meteor made the pips for drN. I think C8 and maybe globe, uh, 979 is it, both give more reversal than 1615. They probably are harder to use and less versatile though.

Report Abuse
Search Forum