Re: rubber changing
by dd 19 years ago
by arthur 19 years ago
by Gark 19 years ago
by dd 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: rubber changing) was posted by Nick, on 9/21/2005 10:55:59 PM:
I usually change my rubber after every woman...

Im jk

Seriously though, it all depends. I think 40-50 hours (3-4 weeks of play?) is all you really get at maximum potential. After that, it is certainly usable for several hundered hours... but it loses its effectiveness. If you are playing for competition, and take it seriously then you always want the rubber to be at maximum potential..

Otherwise, you could probably stick with the rubber for up to 6 months or even a year (if you dont use it that much). After that, its probably very visibly worn.

Rubber is for some reason ridiculously expensive, so I personally use them past their prime... my wallet can't afford a new set of rubber each month.. Besides, I dont take it seriously at all..

I guess the best answer is, if you are doing it for fun... wait until the ball is noticeably losing its spin or bounce to a point where its not as fun anymore. If you are taking it seriously, do it as much as you can afford to (monthly/bi-monthly).
Report Abuse
Search Forum