Re: Matsushita Pro
by gcollins 19 years ago
by rhino 19 years ago
by frank 19 years ago
by 333 19 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: Matsushita Pro) was posted by gcollins, on 5/8/2005 8:02:56 AM:
Of the five or six blades I own, the Matsushita Pro is the slowest -- but the others are all offensive. I'd rate the speed on the MP as ALL rather than DEF. This is an easy blade to loop with and it's not bad at pure hitting either -- especially if you're a wristy player.

For its size, it's light (about 84 grams, I think). This allows you the luxury of putting inverted on each side as long as you keep the sponge thin.

What I like best about the MP is the handle. Redwood, straight and one of the shortest among all the shakehand blades. If you're a twiddler with small hands, you'll love it. But if you have really big hands, you may find it too stubby.

I've never played with the Def Play, but everything I've read from defensive players confirms that this Donic model is one of the slowest blades out there.

I would say the weakest point of the MP is its stiffness. Close to the table, it works just fine, but looping from mid-distance will frequently send shots into the net that a more flexible or springier blade would put on table.

Report Abuse
Search Forum