Free US Shipping over $50
Thousands of satisfied customers
Best Price Guarantee
HomeForum → Message
Return to Topic Index

Help me make my first paddle! (1)

Help me make my first paddle!
by Advanced Topspin Custom Paddle 12 years ago

The following message (subject: Help me make my first paddle!) was posted by Advanced Topspin Custom Paddle, on 4/30/2012 12:02:38 AM:
Hey guys,

This seems like a place where a lot of people really know what they're talking about, so I was hoping someone could help me out!

I'm a high school student with a pretty solid table tennis game. I am at least top 6 in my school, and while I do not play competitively in tournaments, I do play competitively with my friends multiple times a week for hours on end.

My game is primarily topspin. I have a shakehand grip (I'm a lefty) and my forehand consists of powerful topspin loops, or a fast topspin forehand "kill shot." My backhand is more defensive, but still is topspin. I tend to take the backhand low off the table, and tend to loop with a lot of topspin. If it's a floater, I will use a topspin smash.

The key to my game is topspin, and I'm developing quickly (I would call myself an advanced player). Thus, I have finally felt the need to dish out (at most) $200 to create myself a nice new paddle. The only thing I'm worried about is all the specifics! I feel lost, and this is where I need the help:

I currently have picked out:

-Joola Wing Passion Fast (Anatomic) blade
-Joola X-Plode red 2.0 for forehand (red is dead after all)
-Joola X-Plose Sensitive black for backhand

I briefly considered the Joola MC1, but alas thought that it would be a little bit too fast for my topspin game. I self-categorized as an OFF class player.

So my question is: Is this a good combination for me, and will it be worth my $200? If there are any other blades (please be specific) please let me know! Also, for an aggressive, advanced topspin game as I have, are the rubbers/blade I have picked out going to make a solid topspin paddle? Any suggestions to make an even stronger topspin paddle are appreciated... Help me make a great first paddle, dare I even say perfect!

Report Abuse
Search Forum