LKT Torrent review
by Randy 17 years ago
 Re: LKT Torrent review
by debraj 17 years ago
by mozzy 17 years ago
by Randy 17 years ago

The following message (subject: LKT Torrent review) was posted by Randy, on 7/9/2007 7:33:15 AM:
There's a been a lot of talk about the new Torrent from LKT so I thought I'd share some of my thoughts on it. The topsheet is tacky but not sticky at all. The sponge is fairly soft, I would guess around 38 degrees. You should note that my feel is geared towards JPN rubbers since I've used Sriver for many years. I've used Cream MRS (too hard compared to Sriver) and 729 FX/EL Supersoft (soft but not much spring action) but this is the most similar in feel to JPN rubbers like Sriver, Mark V or Tackifire Special Soft. The "enhanced" effect as LKT calls it will not replace speed glue. However, if you're a non-regluer like me, you'll enjoy a slight increase (I would say about 15-20%) in looping power compared to unglued Tackifire Special Soft. It does for some reason improve my short game especially fh flips and dropping opponent's serves short. Mid-court, you will still have to swing a little harder compared to Mark V. I think the Torrent's sponge is soft enough to feel JPN/Euro but mid-court, it doesn't give me the same comfort level that the ball will bounce off of my racket. Certainly, if you're in position to execute a loop, you'll be ok but if you're scrambling for a ball and don't have time to take a full swing, the ball won't bounce off the racket much. I have put 12 hours of play with the new Torrent on the fh with a 5-ply BTY Hinoki blade.
Advertisement: Order Order RITC Cream online!
Megaspin.net store
Report Abuse
Search Forum