Fun with Joola
by Oliver 20 years ago
 Re: Fun with Joola
by Ian 20 years ago
by cole 20 years ago
by cole 20 years ago

The following message (subject: Fun with Joola) was posted by Ian, on 4/9/2004 12:24:08 AM:
So I'm great with blocking, decent at chopping, weak with pushing (which I definitely need to improve), I've got a well-developed drive on the backhand and I've just started teaching myself to loop on the forehand. I'm League-rated roughly a 1200.

After doing much research, checking prices at PaddlePalace.com, and also testing out some blades at my club, I've decided I'm going with a Joola K5 for the blade. I'm having trouble deciding what to put on it though. It needs to be tacky, but I think I want a soft sponge. I'm still absorbing how rubbers and sponges work together, so I'm not quite sure what the difference is between hard and soft. Intuitively, I'm just guessing that soft sponges give you more spin and control because they're...soft.

In any case, I'm thinking my choices for rubber are Mambo, Samba, Tango, Air, and maybe even TopSpin. Somebody knowledgeable please enlighten me about the strengths and weaknesses of these rubbers, and also please explain the bit about hard/soft sponges, tacky rubber, sticky rubber, etc. etc. Those terms are still very vague to me. Thanks in advance.
Report Abuse
Search Forum