Re: B-fly Lendido
by rhino 19 years ago
by B2spinbomber 19 years ago
by Charlesj 16 years ago
by charlesj 16 years ago

The following message (subject: Re: B-fly Lendido) was posted by B2spinbomber, on 7/8/2005 10:21:53 PM:
Well... I went back.. and they were very kind.. letting me try the Aeolus-S in order to compare it against the Chiang Peng-Lung... I quickly realized that Aeolus is faster.. you lose some control... but gain a lot in speed.. I also found out that mostly all the specifications for Aeolus are incorrect... the head of the Aeolus is 163 mm in height and not 144 mm as stated in many places like magazines/catalogs and web sites... why is this important?? following the valuable recommendation from Rhino: if you want to use your backhand in penhold.. look for a longer blade head in order to be more successful in reaching and returning balls... well... put side to side.. both Chiang Peng-Lung and Aeolus-S have almost identical head shapes and height (been Chiang Peng-Lung 166 mm and Aeolus-S 163 mm).... and well... I wanted a fast blade.. and while I feel that while Chiang Peng-Lung has superb Control and feeling... Aeolus has the edge in speed (of course.. less control).. end of story... I returned the beautiful Chiang Peng-Lung blade in exchange for the Aeolus-S (side note.. at 8 mm, Aeolus is not as thick as Chiang Peng-Lung... so .. if you have small hands.. consider this parameter... the Chiang Peng-Lung was a little too big for my hands)... I hope this helps other players in deciding their new Japanese Penhold blades... and again... thanks everybody for your valuable inputs/expertise/opinions and suggestions.... :-)
Report Abuse
Search Forum